Following are few required changes to be done while converting/porting Silverlight application to Metro Style application.
- Namespace changes: System.Windows should be replaced by Windows.UI.Xaml in all classes.
- Few APIs/concepts where removed in the Metro Style framework. It includes Effects, OpacityMask, Easing Functions etc.
- No MouseEvents: There are no mouse-specific input events such as MouseLeftButtonDown. Instead it provides PointerPressed, PointerReleased, PointerEntered or PointerExited events.
- XAML namespace changes: Now XAML namespaces no longer reference specific assemblies.
- No support for TypeConverter yet.
- No support yet for RadialGradientBrush in Metro Style app.